It’s crazy how life changes sometimes. One day you’re here, next day you’re there. The chances can appear everywhere and the new faces you meet can affect you in any way possible.
My day today, led me to Paris.
I will keep you updated about what happens there and which are my next stops.
For now, what I wanted to share is a Survival Guide. But not any survival Guide.
Did you ever had to stay in an airport for hours? Or have you ever got stuck in an airport, because of some delay?
These are the things that I mostly do, in order to spend my time in a productive way and maintain my excitement for my trip.
✈️ Productivity mood on
I don’t know about you, but I always imagined myself traveling from continent to continent, with a camera and a laptop. So having the chance to spend time in the airport, for me is like leaving my dream life for a little bit.
I’m sure everyone can find something to do in the laptop.
- Maybe you are a student. Take advantage of these hours you are going to spend in the airport put your headphones on and do some homework
- Are you building your own project? Work on that. Find a quiet corner, order a coffee and just be productive.
- Edit your travel photos. Maybe you don’t belong in one of these categories. I’m sure either you are in the beginning or in the end of your trip; you have already taken a couple of photos. Spend some time to edit them and upload them on your social media to update your followers about where you are or how your journey was.
In other words, ask yourself: what would I do if I wasn’t at the airport. Do that.
✈️ Just enjoy it
You are in a place with so many different people. Try to open your mind. Maybe try to find inspiration and by looking at these people, try to visualize who you want to be.
✈️The airport meal
Everyone can agree, that airports can be very expensive. Apart from this, regulations forbid you from bringing some kind of meal with you. But this is not always the case. Truth is you can make and carry some snacks during your flight, which won’t cause you any problems. The ones I bring with me are:
- Oatmeal balls : you can find the recipe here
- Homemade granola bars: these are so easy to make and you can find recipes all over the internet. What I find easy, is to mix
- My favorite dried fruit
- My favorite nuts
- And honey, so that the ingredients can stick together.
Obviously, being me, I have no specific proportions for the ingredients. The worst case scenario is to make more than you need. In this case, Put you oatmeal balls in the refrigerator and you are going to have a snack to munch on when you return from your journey.
- Sandwitch with dry ingredients : my favorite, is this combo:
- and Hummus
- All together between to loafs of toasted bread
- Homemade sweet potato chips : These are the extremely easy steps to this snack:
- Slice your sweet potato, into really thin pieces
- Drizzle the pieces with your favorite seasoning. I prefer them unseasoned,
- Put them in the oven until you see the crunch. It will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
I recommend putting the chips into some kind of taper ware, so that the pieces won’t break apart.
This time I didn’t bring any of that with me. I told myself that I was going to treat myself a bit, even though I ended up paying 9.20 euros for a sandwich and a cappuccino.
Really there are so many corners around an airport, which you could find picturesque. Especially late evenings or early mornings are the best time to capture the airplanes.
✈️ Regular visits to the toilette
As weird as it sounds, you will find that going to the toilette, might kill most of your time. Long qeues could keep you wating, up to 20 minutes.
Otherwise you can be as silly as me, and maybe a little bit embarrassed, after deciding to take pictures of myself, while others were waiting.
Lastly, if you are all alone, waiting for that flight to departure, try to meet new people. I’m sure there are lots of passengers around you, who are in exactly the same place as you, trying to find ways to be less bored. Who knows? Maybe you’ll find a good friend or you significant other.
These are all my suggestions. Simple but they work. At least for me.
Today, I’m spending my day in Paris, taking photos and enjoying the Parisian air. Tomorrow, I am going to arrive in my main destination, which you will find out soon. Until then, I hope that my Airport Survival Guide has helped you and of course…
Be confident and do what you love.